Currently we ARE accepting applications for our PUBLIC HOUSING Authority Apartments (located in Foley, AL) Please check with the Public Housing Manager to confirm that we are accepting applications for the (bedroom) size apartment you will be eligibile to occupy (per our policy).
Public Housing Program
Listed below are the general steps an applicant goes through to obtain housing from a local public housing agency. The process is generally the same through each housing authority. Some procedures might be different from authority to authority.
1. Applications are taken during regular working hours at the general office of the Public Housing Authority, Monday through Friday, unless otherwise noted by the Authority.
2. To apply applicants must
• Be 19 years of age or older
• Provide Social Security cards, birth certificates for all household members and acceptable picture identification on adults (18 yrs. and older)
• Provide marriage certification or divorce decree
• Provide child custody papers
3. Eligibility may be determined by
• Criminal background check through local police or FBI
• Former landlord references/history
• Credit history
• Verification of Income
4. Rent is based on Adjusted Income or flat rent
5. Allowances are deducted from gross income for
• Full time students over the age of 18
• Child care expense when applicable
• Ongoing medical expenses for Disabled/Handicapped/Elderly that are paid out of pocket
6. There is normally a 2 to 4 week waiting period for verifications to be returned to the Housing Authority
7. The applicant family is made eligible or ineligible according to policy and the family is notified
8. The Family is offered the available unit
9. Security deposits and pro-rata rent are due upon move in
10. Utility service must be acquired by the resident in their name prior to obtaining the key to their new apartment home.
To Print a Public Housing Application: CLICK HERE
Public Housing applicants should report changes on their applications: CLICK HERE
Public Housing residents may check your current balance: CLICK HERE
Public Housing Applicants may verify your current position on the waiting list: CLICK HERE